Wednesday, October 5, 2011

DIY Statement Necklace

I've been itching to do a fun DIY post, but was unsure on what project to do. I settled on this necklace because 1. I have made one before, 2. I have gotten tons of compliments on it, and 3. It's cheap and easy! (please don't judge my grainy iphone pics, I'm having camera difficulties)

What You Need: 
1. Scissors
2. Glass beads (whichever color you prefer)
3. Chain (with my first necklace I made I used an old necklace)
4. Clear bead cord (looks like fishing line)

The Process:
Step One. Cut the cord according to how long you want your loops and how many you want (make sure to leave yourself plenty of extra cord for you to tie onto your chain)
Step Two. String the beads onto the strands of cords 
Step Three. Tie the ends of the cords together
Step Four. Decide where you are going to place each loop of beads then tie them to the chain
Step Five. Trim the excess cord and Viola! 


Don't be afraid to try different variations

Happy crafting! 
xoxo.





No comments:

Post a Comment