Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Study Habits

One of my goals for the year has been to improve on my study habits, it's been a challenge but here are a few things that have helped me along the way.

One. Self Control App for Macs
I read about this application in The College Prepster's weekly newsletter, Preptalk. At first I was skeptical but after testing it out it really works! You put in the websites you want to be kept off of (ex. Facebook, twitter, blogger) and then set an amount of time. This application is perfect for me to use when I'm typing a paper or taking notes on my computer in class. Be careful though when you set a time you have to stick to that time!



Two. Keeping a Clear Work Space
No matter where I am studying, the cleaner and more organized it is the better I stay focused. I'm one of those people who can handle studying in my room, that is unless my room is messy then I go on a cleaning rampage. If you like studying at the library, look for a spot where you can spread out and stay as organized as possible so you can stay totally focused on your work.


Three. Relieve your Stress
Staying cooped up studying for 48 hours straight is without doubt unhealthy for your body. The better you feel the better you will study, so take a time out to relieve some stress. Make time to go for a run or write in a journal to let go of some of your stress.


Four. Dress for Success
I believe that there is some correlation between feeling self-confident and success.  While I am a victim on the tshirt/tempo trend, on days I have test I put the extra effort into my appearance so I go into the day feeling good about myself.
I can't wait for my new driving mocs come in so I dress for success in them!

Happy Studying!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment