Tuesday, November 29, 2011

is it really that pinteresting?

I discovered pinterest this summer via Cupcakes and Cashmere. I checked it out and decided then and there that it was something I did not need.  Up until a week ago I was very anti pinterest. People would always ask if I had one and I would always respond "I don't do that, there are enough ways I waste time on the internet".  I finally broke down and got one last week, and to be honest I'm not totally sold on it.

I use tumblr. I have used tumblr for almost 4 years. When I'm going through pinterest I feel like I see half the same things on my tumblr dashboard. Maybe it's the repetition that loses my interest.

I won't deny pinterest is a great place to look at ideas when you have a certain project in mind.  When you  spend countless hours a day pinning things away though, you loose the organization and the tasks at hand.  Instead of pinning 100 things, you can accomplish 2 on your list of DIY projects. My opinion in short: It's procrastination waiting to happen.

Maybe I'm too quick to judge the love of "pinning", maybe over time I will be won over. For now don't expect to see me pinning my life away, or planning my wedding on pinterest.

xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment