Friday, January 20, 2012

Quick Survey

Am I the only blogger that isn't hung up on Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung? Both of these "style icons" have been on C List MTV shows, The City (the spinoff, spinoff of Laguna Beach) and It's on with Alex Chung. Over the past couple of months I have been been trying my best to figure out what makes people go crazy for their style.

Yes both of these women have rail thin bodies most people would kill for. But does being an Heiress* and owning multiple Birkins or being a model with a chic haircut make you an Style Icon?

In my opinion anyone who has access to wonderful, high-end designer goods should be able to dress well. What makes someone a "style icon" is someone who can mix vintage with modern all why shopping at places such as Target, Forever 21, and H&M or someone who takes risks.  I'm sad to say some of my favorite bloggers are moving towards only blogging about high end goods that aren't exactly inspiring. I'm having to clean out my daily reads due to this.

Who is your favorite style icon/fashion blogger?

xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment