Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summer Read Part 1

Since Memorial day weekend usually kicks off the start of summer, I thought I would share what books I'm loading up my kindle for the beginning of the season. It's no secret that I LOVE my kindle, I read so much more because it's something I tote around everywhere I go! I'm going to try and read a variety of books over the summer from classics and history to biographies and some light-hearted reads.

The Classic: Catcher in the Rye
I have read this book probably 5 times since my junior year of high school, it is one of my absolute favorites.  I guess there is something about Holden Caulfield that keeps me coming back, or maybe it's the east coast/NYC setting that gets me.  If you have never read it, please go to Half-Price Books  NOW and snag a copy, hopefully you don't regret it. 




The Memoir: Rather Outspoken: My life in the 
News

Last night I tuned into Andy Cohn's show Watch What Happens Live on Bravo, his guest were Dan Rather and John Mayer. I'm going to be honest and I say I was much more excited to see John Mayer than Dan Rather, but it turns out I enjoyed Rather way more than Mayer.  I loved hearing all about the different people Rather had interviewed over his 40 years in journalism so much that I've decided to purchase his book! This works out perfectly because I know my mom will love to read it later on this summer.

The Funny/Light-Hearted: Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture

Those who are close to me know that I LOVE Andy Cohen.  I mean come on, look what he was build at Bravo and I just love watching him on WWHL (I've been watching since his first episode with SJP). Whenever I fly from Dallas to Columbus, OH or DC (were MG lives) I almost always have layovers in STL (Andy's Hometown) and I always secretly hope I catch of glimpse of him heading to or from NYC. Maybe I'm crazy, but I cannot wait to read his book! 

What are you reading this summer?

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment