Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Organized Clutter: Desk Edition

Keeping my desk organized is a constant uphill struggle.  No matter how hard I try, clutter somehow seems to always find it's way on to my desk.  Luckily these few tips have helped me keep my clutter somewhat organized.

Tip One: Storage, StorageStorage
I am a firm believer that the key to staying organized is lots of storage! The more the better, from baskets and plastic tubs to pencil holders, you can never have too much storage. 


Tip Two: Control the Cords
Whenever I'm working on computer (which feels like 90% of the time) I can get so frustrated with the vast amount of cord that are always gravitate around my computer.  Figuring out where to plug everything and where it can stay plugged in is essential. 


Quick and easy fix from The College Prepster


Tip Three: Get Rid of "Extras"
Instead of having 20 different pens at your desk, consolidate just a few of your favorite pens.  Along with your pens keep a pencil or two, highlighter, and a sharpie handy.

My favorite Paper Mate Flair Pens

Tip Four: Allow Yourself Only One Task at a Time
The more books, spirals, folders, and notes you have on your desk the more cluttered it will stay. Give yourself a task, work on it then put it away before you start on something new. (Note: When the time calls for multiple books and notes your best bet is to move to the kitchen table or the library.)
My somewhat clear happy desk

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment